How to become AFRC Accredited
In order to become an AFRC accredited simulator you will first need to :
- Undertake the AFRC Simulator Training (click here for more information)
- Complete the take home exam part of the AFRC Simulator Training within 30 days of undertaking the training. (The fee payable for the take home examination is $400 plus GST).
- Pass the take home exam with a mark above 90%
- Receive Approval from the AFRC Board
- Become an AFRC Member (An annual accreditation fee of $500 plus GST is payable by the accredited simulator to AFRC annually while holding accreditation)
- Agree to comply with the conditions of accreditation
To maintain your accreditation you will need to :
- Complete Annual Round Robin Examinations
- Participate in Annual Workshops
Benefits of AFRC Membership
- Advance Your Career-You will have the opportunity to expand your professional skills by taking up leadership positions: participating in committees working on projects within your sphere of expertise or even outside your usual scope.
- Latest Information-Members will receive continuing electronics updates on activities of interest that affect the fenestration industry
- Contribute to the AFRC Program-Influence how the AFRC rating and labeling system works
- Join the Green Movement-"Windows makes a difference"-Membership with AFRC allows access to a unique network of fenestration of energy performance professionals.
- Consumer Trust-Consumers will value and recognize your membership, knowing this support is a commitment to AFRC's focus on energy efficient research & development and trust the independent, non-biased nature of its structure